Switch playerView on YouTube
JW Player goes here
JW Player goes here
Tenba Messenger DNA 11 & Messenger DNA 15 for Mirrorless and DSLR Cameras
YKK makes the best zippers in the world. Period. They are more reliable over a longer period of time, and they withstand the stress of heavy equipment and the abuses of travel. And we only use the self-healing zippers with specially designed zipper coils that easily reconnect if they separate from over-packing.
DNA 8 Bag — Graphite
Capacity: Mirrorless or rangefinder camera with 2-3 lenses, plus flash and accessories.
The Messenger DNA is the first major addition to the iconic Tenba Messenger collection in over seven years. It was designed to provide the kind of year-round, all-weather, rugged performance demanded by New York City bike messengers, but with an interior that's tuned to protect delicate cameras, lenses and computer gear.
Part of the Messenger
1,3 lbs(6 kg)
10,5W X 7,5H X 5D in. (27 X 19 X 13 cm)
9W X 6,5H X 3,5D in. (23 X 17 X 9 cm)
9,25W X 5,5H X 0,5D in. (23W X 14H X 1D cm)
Fits iPad Mini or similar sized tablet up to 8 inches
- Fidlock® patented magnetic clips allow blind, drop-on attachment and a fast slide release. This is the quickest clip in the world. It can be both secured and opened with one hand, even when wearing gloves, or when the bag is behind you.
- Quick Access™ zipper lets you securely swap out cameras and lenses without opening the front flap and exposing an entire camera system to prying eyes in unfamiliar or dangerous locations.
- Front flap extends over the bag and has a sewn hinge to ensure easy closure and excellent weatherproof coverage at the corners.
- Included WeatherWrap rain cover is removable and reversible, with silver on one side to reflect the heat, and black on the other side for a bit more stealth and subtlety.
- Elasticized micro-mesh pockets provide quick access storage on the outside of the bag.
- Zippered pocket in the main flap provide out-of-sight, out-of-mind secure storage for important items like a mobile phone and keys.
- The shoulder strap includes non-slip shoulder pad.
- Removable padded camera insert protects a mirrorless camera system with 2-3 lenses.
- The padded camera insert slides out to convert the bag for general-purpose, non-photo use.
- Rear padded sleeve fits an iPad Mini or similar sized tablet.
- Tenba's exclusive heavy-duty body armor base panel is water and abrasion resistant. This protects the bag if you have to put it down on a wet and/or dirty surface, and is easy to wipe clean.
- Rear pocket fits passport or other thin accessories.
- Tons of pockets and compartments to keep batteries, cables, chargers, pens and business cards organized.
- Exterior of lightweight 600 Denier Helix™ with a durable water repellant coating.
- Interior made with lightweight ripstop nylon and soft, brushed tricot.
- The hardware is second-to-none: YKK® zippers and clips, contoured zipper pulls and welded steel D-rings.
Ratings & Reviews
Please note that all reviews submitted are moderated and subject to approval.
I've tried quite a few small camera bags recently, and this is the one I've been looking for. It's the perfect size for my Fujifilm X-T1 (with 18-55 ... More
I've tried quite a few small camera bags recently, and this is the one I've been looking for. It's the perfect size for my Fujifilm X-T1 (with 18-55 mm lens), X100S, and a few accessories. The quick access zipper is especially useful; I rarely have to open the front flap in the field. Some other bags I considered are too square and boxy, but the dimensions of this bag are perfect for me - not too deep or tall, and it settles comfortably on my hip when walking. The appearance is suitable for men and not too "purse-like". On the negative side, the Velco on the front flap is very strong and noisy , so I covered it and rely on the magnetic closures to keep the front flap closed. I keep a handheld GPS in the side mesh pocket, but I wonder how well the material will hold up over time. The shoulder strap is misrepresented on the website. The DNA 8 does not have a shoulder pad, but rather a non-slip strip sewn into the underside. It is comfortable to wear and works well. I actually wear the strap backwards so that I can easily slide the back backwards and forwards without twisting my clothing. Overall, I am very pleased with my purchase. If you’re looking for a small, discreet camera bag for a mirrorless kit, I highly recommend this bag. Close
After purchasing my new Fujifilm X-T1 with 18-135mm kit lens, I needed a low profile bag to carry this system, the tiny external flash, extra batterie... More
After purchasing my new Fujifilm X-T1 with 18-135mm kit lens, I needed a low profile bag to carry this system, the tiny external flash, extra batteries, polarizing filter, two cell phones with battery charger and cable, wallet and keys. I stumbled across this bag at my local camera shop. It's similar in shape/style of my TT Mirrorless Mover 20 (which I love), but larger and holds the items I mentioned above.
There's no shortage of pockets on this bag. I can place my two cell phones in the front slots (underneath the front flap). In the main inside compartment where the padded camera insert is located, I can place my camera, extra batteries, included tiny external flash, cleaning cloth, lens hood, flat battery charger for my two phones, and a small bottle of hand sanitizer. There's a padded area behind the insert where an iPad mini or 7" Kindle HDX Fire can be stored. In front of the insert is a long zippered pocket for a pen, note paper, coupons, etc.
What I like about this bag? It's lightweight. It's the right size and shape. I can adjust the strap size on either side of the bag. I can wear it across my body (preferred way). I can pack the bag full and not notice the weight while wearing it around town. The Fidlock system is awesome! Oh and the color and fabric they used for this bag is absolutely beautiful.
This is definitely my go to bag. Close