Switch playerView on YouTube
JW Player goes here
JW Player goes here
Tenba Messenger DNA 11 & Messenger DNA 15 for Mirrorless and DSLR Cameras
YKK makes the best zippers in the world. Period. They are more reliable over a longer period of time, and they withstand the stress of heavy equipment and the abuses of travel. And we only use the self-healing zippers with specially designed zipper coils that easily reconnect if they separate from over-packing.
Waterproof Bottom Panel
You never know when you might have to put your bag down on a wet surface. And you might not even know what put the “wet” in “wet surface” (I’m looking at you, New York City subway platform). This bag features a special abrasion and moisture resistant panel on the bottom to keep the bag dry and protected no matter what’s on the ground.
DNA 13 Bag — Graphite
Capacity: Mirrorless camera with 4-5 lenses or a DSLR with 2-3 lenses (up to 70-200mm 2.8), plus flash and accessories.
The Messenger DNA is the first major addition to the iconic Tenba Messenger collection in over seven years. It was designed to provide the kind of year-round, all-weather, rugged performance demanded by New York City bike messengers, but with an interior that's tuned to protect delicate cameras, lenses and computer gear.
To deliver this performance, the bag has been outfitted with a series of new features and components:
The front flap extends over the top of the bag and has a sewn hinge to ensure easy closure and excellent weatherproof coverage at the corners.. For additional wet weather protection, the bag includes a removable and reversible WeatherWrap cover that's silver on one side to reflect the heat, and black on the other side for a bit more stealth and subtlety at night.
To prevent the bag from sliding forward while riding a bicycle or scooter, an adjustable security strap connects to D-rings on the back of bag which anchor it in position behind you.
Fidlock® patented magnetic clips allow blind, drop-on attachment and a fast unique slide release. This is the quickest clip in the world.
The DNA 13 was built to accommodate either a mirrorless camera with 4-5 lenses, or a DSLR with 2-3 lenses. The rear padded sleeve will hold a laptop up to 13 inches, and a second sleeve will protect an iPad or similar sized tablet.
There are tons of other amazing reasons to love this bag. Click over to the "Features" tab to learn more.
Part of the Messenger
2.8 lbs(1.3 kg)
14.5W X 10.5H X 6.5-7.5 (37 X 27 X 16-19 cm)
13W X 9.5H X 5-7D in. (33 X 24 X 13-18 cm)
13W X 9H X 1D in. (33W X 23H X 3D cm)
Main sleeve fits a laptop up to 13 inches, second sleeve fits an iPad or similar sized tablet
- Fidlock® patented magnetic clips allow blind, drop-on attachment and a fast slide release. This is the quickest clip in the world. It can be both secured and opened with one hand, even when wearing gloves, or when the bag is behind you.
- Adjustable security strap connects to D-rings on the back of bag, anchoring it in position behind you and preventing the bag from sliding forward while riding a bicycle or scooter.
- Quick Access™ zipper lets you securely swap out cameras and lenses without opening the front flap and exposing an entire camera system to prying eyes in unfamiliar or dangerous locations.
- Tapered front flap with a sewn hinge ensures easy closure and excellent weatherproof coverage at the corners.
- Included WeatherWrap rain cover is removable and reversible, with silver on one side to reflect the heat, and black on the other side for a bit more stealth and subtlety at night.
- Large elasticized micro-mesh pockets hold a water bottle, or can even be used for temporary storage of a lens.
- Zippered pockets in the main flap provide out-of-sight, out-of-mind secure storage for important items like a mobile phone and keys.
- The shoulder strap combines smooth-sliding seatbelt webbing and a contoured, non-slip shoulder pad. The non-slip pad grips the shoulder while the seatbelt webbing slides through smoothly, making it quick to move from the bag from front to back.
- Removable padded camera insert protects a mirrorless camera system with 3-5 lenses, or a DSLR with with 2-3 lenses. It will fit a DSLR with an attached 24-70mm 2.8 lens.
- The padded camera insert slides out to convert the bag for general-purpose, non-photo use.
- Rear padded sleeve fits an iPad or similar sized tablet, or a laptop up to 11 inches (such as MacBook Air). A hook and loop retaining strap covers the sleeve for security.
- Rear trolley strap slides over the extending handle of a rolling suitcase or equipment case for secure and convenient piggyback travel.
- Tenba's exclusive heavy-duty tarpaulin bottom panel is water and abrasion resistant. This protects the bag if you have to put it down on a wet and/or dirty surface, and is easy to wipe clean.
- Rear pocket fits magazines or documents, and includes smaller interior pockets for pens and accessories.
- Tons of pockets and compartments to keep hard drives, mobile phones, cables, chargers, pens and business cards organized.
- Exterior of lightweight 600 Denier Helix™ with a durable water repellant coating.
- Interior made with lightweight ripstop nylon and soft, brushed tricot.
- The hardware is second-to-none: YKK® zippers and clips, contoured zipper pulls and welded steel D-rings.
Ratings & Reviews
Please note that all reviews submitted are moderated and subject to approval.
Best looking bag I've ever had! Tons of room. I've had this since Christmas and not one snag or fiber out of place. I use it for weddings, hiking, se... More
Best looking bag I've ever had! Tons of room. I've had this since Christmas and not one snag or fiber out of place. I use it for weddings, hiking, sessions at the beach, this thing is amazing. It seemed a little pricey at first, but once you get it, it's money well spent! Get this bag. Close
I purchased this bag in Dec of 2015 for my recent trip to the Philippines, of where I spent nearly 3 weeks traveling to 7 different islands. This bag ... More
I purchased this bag in Dec of 2015 for my recent trip to the Philippines, of where I spent nearly 3 weeks traveling to 7 different islands. This bag was AMAZING! In it, I carried my Sony A6000, with a 16-70 F4 Zeiss Lens, 35mm 1.8, Rokinon 12mm 2.8, several Se5en LEE Filters, a GoPro with gorilla pod, and many other small misc accessories. I really love how stylish it looks, has a water proof bottom, and has a lot of pockets. I used the included rain cover to protect the bag from getting splashed during my boat rides to other islands, and the small strap primary to keep pick pockets/thugs from cutting the bag and stealing it quickly, or as an extra way to secure it to my chair when at a restaurant/airport. The strap to attach it onto a rolling hand carry proved useful. The side pockets are great for holding water bottles. A few cons include the magnet clips that DO come off VERY easily, despite how much you tighten them down. I also don't like how the slack of the magnet straps isn't secured, which in turn just hangs freely. I don't like how there isn't a place to attach a tripod, but that wasn't the intention of this bag. I do anticipate this bag being very bulky looking if I had a FF camera inside. The rain cover is a tad bulky, which takes up a good amount of space inside the bag, so I just placed it in the outer side pocket of my weak side. I saved the strong side pocket for quick access to my water bottle. All in all, I am VERY happy with the bag, and will consider the DNA 15 to hold my 15" laptop, and have more room for my FF system. Close
This bag met and exceeded all of my (seemingly unrealistic) expectations! The aesthetic drew me in during my search for the right bag. But it isn't ju... More
This bag met and exceeded all of my (seemingly unrealistic) expectations! The aesthetic drew me in during my search for the right bag. But it isn't just a pretty looking bag. It's lightweight and rugged at the same time. Storage options out the wazoo... seriously. I thoroughly enjoyed organizing my gear in this bag. I use this for marketing meetings and right out into the field for lifestyle photo shoots. I bought the DNA 13 and I am able to carry my 1D with a Zeiss 85mm attached, two other lenses and my secondary Fuji mirrorless with a pancake lens... and my 13" laptop, notebooks, pens, mem cards, and more.
Thank you - very much - Tenba. I truly appreciate the time and attention to detail you put into this bag. Worth every single penny and then some. One very happy consumer right here.